Pair sweet, roasted squash and grapes with savory roasted fennel wedges
to create a flavorful Meati Chick'n meal.
Check out some Pro Cooking Tips for steps with an asterisk at the bottom of the page.
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 60 min
Delicata Squash, Grapes & Fennel
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wash the fennel bulb and grapes.
- Stem the grapes and dry them. In a mixing bowl, combine grapes and 1 TBS of oil. Stir grapes until coated in oil. Place grapes on a separate parchment-lined baking sheet and set aside.
- Remove the stalks from the fennel bulb. Cut the bulb in half from top to bottom. Carefully remove the core and cut into wedges approximately a quarter inch thick.
- Coat the fennel wedges with oil and salt before placing on a separate parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Scrub the Delicata squash until it’s clean.
- Cut off the ends of the squash so the ends are flat. Then, cut it in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Slice both halves of the squash into ¼" to ½" slices. They will look like little half moons. Pro Tip: Curl back the fingers on your free hand (like you’re making a loose fist) to reduce the risk of cutting your fingers.
- Rub both sides of each squash slice with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place coated slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Once oven is heated, place the squash and fennel in the oven for about 45 mins (flip the squash slices after 20 minutes), or until fennel is tender and golden brown, and squash is golden brown on the edges.
- When 15 mins are remaining, places the grapes in the oven and roast for 15 mins.
- While squash, grapes and fennel are roasting, prepare the Meati Chick’n.
- Once Meati Chick'n, roasted squash, grapes and fennel are prepared, plate and enjoy!
- Lightly season each side of Meati Chick’n with your favorite seasoning. Use seasonings sparingly as Meati Chick’n enhances flavors.
- Heat pan to medium-low and add 1 TBS oil (high temp oils like Avocado, Sunflower, etc. are preferred).
- *Once oil is hot, add Meati Chick’n and sear 5-6 min per side. Cook time may vary depending on equipment. If Meati Chick’n soaks up all oil in first 3 min, add additional oil to pan between flipping. Meati Chick’n will be lightly browned on the outside when cooked. Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove Meati Chick’n from the pan and let it rest for 1-2 minutes.
- **Slice your Meati Chick’n with a sharp knife. Hold the Meati Chick’n in place with your hand or fork and slice like you would steak.
Pro Cooking Tips
*Once oil is hot, for safety, angle the pan so that the hot oil is pooled to the side, then place Meati Chick’n in the pan and return to burner. Sear 2-3 minutes, gently pressing Meati into the pan so it has good contact with the pan. Once Meati is caramelized on one side (caramelization makes the Chick’n taste even better!) angle the pan again before flipping Meati. Sear 2-3 minutes on the other side, again gently pressing Meati into the pan so it has good contact with the pan.
**Slice your MEATI chicken into thin pieces with a sharp knife. The trick is to slice with a sawing motion with light pressure and let the knife do the work!