Get a taste of autumn with this toasty, cheesy sandwich!
Check out some Pro Cooking Tips for steps with an asterisk at the bottom of the page.
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
- Lightly season each side of Meati Chick’n with your favorite seasoning. Use seasonings sparingly as Meati Chick’n enhances flavors.
- Heat pan to medium-low and add 1 TBS oil (high temp oils like Avocado, Sunflower, etc. are preferred).
- *Once oil is hot, add Meati Chick’n and sear 5-6 min per side. Cook time may vary depending on equipment. If Meati Chick’n soaks up all oil in first 3 min, add additional oil to pan between flipping. Meati Chick’n will be lightly browned on the outside when cooked. Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove Meati Chick’n from the pan and let it rest for 1-2 minutes.
- **Slice your Meati Chick’n with a sharp knife. Hold the Meati Chick’n in place with your hand or fork and slice like you would steak.
- Heat the pan to high heat and add 1 TBS oil and the apples.
- Stir occasionally for about 3-5 minutes, or until apples are soft and caramelized.
Build the sandwich
- Mix the agave and mustard in a small bowl set aside.
- Pre-heat frying pan to medium-low.
- Coat one side of each slice of bread with buttery spread.
- Coat the opposite side of half of the bread slices with agave-mustard mixture.
- Once skillet is warm, place bread butter-side down in the skillet.
- Place a slice of plant-based cheddar cheese on top of the agave-mustard, then sliced Meati Chick’n and sliced apples. Cover with another slice of cheddar and another piece of bread, butter-side up.
- Once cheese on bottom of sandwich is melted and bread is toasted, flip the sandwich to cook it on the other side.
- Remove sandwich from pan when cheese is melted and bread is toasted on the second side.
- Cut in half and enjoy!
Pro Cooking Tips
*Once oil is hot, for safety, angle the pan so that the hot oil is pooled to the side, then place Meati Chick’n in the pan and return to burner. Sear 2-3 minutes, gently pressing Meati into the pan so it has good contact with the pan. Once Meati is caramelized on one side (caramelization makes the Chick’n taste even better!) angle the pan again before flipping Meati. Sear 2-3 minutes on the other side, again gently pressing Meati into the pan so it has good contact with the pan.
**Slice your MEATI chicken into thin pieces with a sharp knife. The trick is to slice with a sawing motion with light pressure and let the knife do the work!