Dive in to grilled Meati chick'n fajitas, complete with charred veggies, sliced avocado, plant-based cheddar shreds, pico de gallo, and finished with a squeeze of fresh lime.
Check out some Pro Cooking Tips for steps with an asterisk at the bottom of the page.
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
Grill Meati Chick’n
- Preheat grill to medium-low at least 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Brush Meati Chick’n with oil (high temp oils like Avocado, Sunflower, etc. are preferred) on both sides.
- Lightly season each side of Meati Chick’n with salt, pepper and spices. Use very little salt as Meati Chick’n enhances flavors.
- Brush grill with oil to keep Meati Chick’n from sticking.
- Add Meati Chick’n and grill 5-6 min per side. Cook time may vary depending on equipment. Meati Chick’n will be lightly browned on the outside when cooked. Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove the Meati Chick’n from grill and let it rest for 1-2 minutes.
- *Slice your Meati Chick’n with a sharp knife. Hold the Meati Chick’n in place with your hand or fork and slice like you would steak.
- Keep grill on medium heat.
- Toss sliced onion and peppers with avocado oil and salt and pepper and put in a grill basket.
- Add grill basket to grill. Cook veggies for about 6 minutes in grill basket, tossing occasionally, until veggies are crisp-tender and lightly charred.
- Remove grill basket from grill and let rest for 3 minutes.
- Warm tortillas in oven or on grill.
To serve, slice Meati Chick’n and add a few pieces to each tortilla. Top with onion/pepper mixture, pico de gallo, avocado slices, cilantro, vegan shreds and a squeeze of lime.
Pro Cooking Tips
*Slice your Meati Chick'n into thin pieces with a sharp knife. The trick is to slice with a sawing motion with light pressure and let the knife do the work!