5 Spice Classic Cutlet Teriyaki
Seared Classic Cutlets glazed with a super flavorful five spice infused teriyaki sauce
Serve with steamed broccolini or broccoli.
- 1/3 cup EACH light soy sauce and dark soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 inches ginger root, peeled and grated or minced
- 4 cloves garlic, grated or finely minced
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1-2 teaspoons 5 spice powder
- 2 teaspoons Sichuan coarse ground peppercorn, or coarse black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked cinnamon, optional (available online, La Boite)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, mixed with a splash of water to form slurry
- 4 Meati Classic Cutlets, thawed
- 1 ½ cups basmati or jasmine rice
- 2 ¼ cups chicken bone broth or stock
- 2 Tablespoons neutral oil
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 4 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Mix the ingredients for the sauce in a medium size bowl (reserve about 3 tablespoons of the sauce in a smaller bowl) and add the Meati Classic Cutlets to the sauce. Let stand 10 minutes.
- In a small pot, add the rice and broth and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook 15-18 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for about 5 minutes and then fluff with a fork.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet or cast iron pan over medium high heat and add the Classic Cutlets to the pan. Cook about 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally, until shellacked and cooked through. Spoon the reserved extra sauce over the top of the cutlets and let rest 5 minutes. Slice into strips.
- Serve with rice and veg and top with scallions and sesame seeds.
Classic Steak Herby Chimichurri Quesadilla with Caramelized Onions and Chimi Slaw
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 20 min
Join the Journey
Be the first to hear about exclusive offers and events.Sign up for updates here and never miss a beat.