Butter & Herb Meati Classic Cutlet
Basting the classic cutlets with butter allows more flavor to come through. Don’t be shy with the amount of butter used since it is also the base of a decadent sauce. Use any combination of herbs and aromatics that you like. Options include lemon slices, shallots or whole dried chiles.
For the Salt Roasted Potatoes
- 2 c Kosher salt, divided
- 1 lb small potato roasters
- Rosemary sprigs, garlic cloves & thyme, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rinse and pat dry the potatoes.
- Fill a standard 3.5 quart casserole dish with a 1-inch layer of kosher salt. (Optional: For an added layer of flavor, add fresh herbs and a few cloves of garlic).
- Tuck the potatoes into the bed of salt and top with another layer of salt until the potatoes are just barely visible.
- Place potatoes in oven and roast, uncovered until fork tender, about 35 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from salt and place in a serving dish. Set aside until ready to serve.
For the Herb Salad
- 2 c loosely packed fresh arugula
- ½ English cucumber, sliced into long strips using a vegetable peeler
- ½ c loosely packed fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- ½ c loosely packed basil, roughly torn
- ¼ c loosely packed parsley, leaves only
- ¼ c baby dill, fronds only
- 2 ounces (½ cup) crumbled plant-based feta cheese, for garnish
To a medium mixing bowl add arugula, cucumber strips, herbs and cheese. Toss gently to combine.
For the Vinaigrette (makes 2 cups)
- ½ c champagne vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 ½ tsp (1 large clove) garlic, minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ c extra-virgin olive oil
- To a small bowl add vinegar, mustard, honey, garlic, salt and pepper flakes. Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Pour some of the dressing over the salad. Toss to combine and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
For the Grilled Asparagus
- 8 ounces asparagus, cleaned and trimmed of tough stems
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
Warm grill to medium heat. Season the asparagus with oil and salt and grill until just fork tender, about 5 minutes.
For the Meati Classic Cutlets
- 2 Meati Naked Classic Cutlets, thawed.
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary or thyme
- ⅓ c unsalted butter
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Add oil to an 8-10-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pat dry the Meati classic cutlet and season with salt, pepper and a small amount of oil.
- When the pan is very hot, add the cutlets and cook on one side for 3 minutes or until well seared.
- Flip the cutlets then add the garlic and herbs. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add butter to the pan. Carefully tip the skillet so the butter pools at the edge of the pan. With a large spoon, continuously baste the cutlets with the butter and aromatics for the next 4 minutes. Take care not to burn the butter by lowering the heat as needed.
- Cook cutlets until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Squeeze lemon on the cutlets for an added layer of flavor.
Between two plates, divide the potatoes, salad, and grilled asparagus. Place the classic cutlets with the browned butter, garlic and rosemary on top and serve.
BBQ Meati Steak
Buffalo Meati w/ Mac n’ Cheese
Meati Grilled Cutlet Panzanella
Meati Crispy Cutlet Parmesan
Pesto Caprese Meati Cutlet Sandwiches
Dry-Rubbed Grilled Meati Steak
Meati Steak & Eggs
Meati Steak Shabu Shabu
Grilled Meati Steak Kebobs
Char Grilled Meati Steak Tostada
Butter & Herb Meati Classic Cutlet
Grilled Meati Classic Cutlet Kale Salad
Hot Meati Crispy Cutlet Sandwich
Meati Crispy Cutlet Sunday Dinner
Meati Classic Cutlet Bulgogi Bowls
Grilled Meati Steak Sandwich
Join the journey
Be the first to hear about exclusive offers and events. Sign up for updates here and never miss a beat.