Meati™ Steak Shabu Shabu
Shabu shabu is a fun family-style dish meant to be shared with your favorite people for an incredibly simple weeknight meal. The dashi is made with only three ingredients and water which helps to minimize cooking time while maximizing flavor. Serve it at the center of the table with thinly sliced Meati™ steak, fresh cut vegetables and herbs and a selection of dipping sauces for easy customization or serve it as an individual portion garnished with the same ingredients. For a spicy experience, add your favorite chili oil or Japanese togarashi chili spice mix on top.
For the Meati™ Steak
- 2 Meati™ Steaks, thawed.
- Flaky sea salt or smoked salt, to taste
- Togarashi spicy seasoning, to taste
Using a sharp knife, cut Meati™ steak into thin slices and fan on to a platter. Sprinkle tops with a pinch of salt and Togarashi spicy seasoning. Set aside.
For the Vegetarian Dashi
- 2 sheets (1 oz) kombu
- 1 oz dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 oz fresh ginger root, sliced
- 8 c cold, filtered water
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- Make the dashi: Place kombu, mushrooms and ginger in a large pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a very gentle simmer and set timer for 25 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Once done, remove kombu with tongs and strain the ingredients. Set dashi broth aside.
For the Sesame Dipping Sauce (makes 1 cup)
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup prepared vegetarian dashi
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp white miso
- 1 ½ Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Note: If the sauce is chunky, place it in the microwave for a few seconds, then whisk until smooth. Alternatively, you can use a hand blender.
For the Noodle & Vegetable Platter
- 1 package glass or udon noodles cooked to package directions then strained & rinsed cold
- 16 ounces whole shiitake mushrooms, de-stemmed and sliced
- 4 c bean sprouts
- 3 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 2 small carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed and rinsed.
- 1 bunch scallions, cut on a bias
- Optional: Ponzu sauce
- Add 1 cup of noodles to a serving bowl,
- Ladle 2 cups of hot dashi over the noodles.
- Garnish with mushrooms, cabbage, bean sprouts, carrots, cilantro, and scallions.
- Layer about 6 slices of Meati™ steak on top.
- Sprinkle with flaky salt and togarashi seasoning. Serve with sesame dipping sauce and/or ponzu.
BBQ Meati™ Steak
Buffalo Meati™ w/ Mac n’ Cheese
Meati™ Crispy Cutlet Parmesan
Meati™ Grilled Cutlet Panzanella
Pesto Caprese Meati™ Cutlet Sandwiches
Dry-Rubbed Grilled Meati™ Steak
Grilled Meati™ Steak Kebobs
Meati™ Steak & Eggs
Meati™ Steak Shabu Shabu
Char Grilled Meati™ Steak Tostada
Butter & Herb Meati™ Classic Cutlet
Grilled Meati™ Steak Sandwich
Grilled Meati™ Classic Cutlet Kale Salad
Hot Meati™ Crispy Cutlet Sandwich
Meati™ Classic Cutlet Bulgogi Bowls
Meati™ Crispy Cutlet Sunday Dinner
Join the journey
Be the first to hear about exclusive offers and events. Sign up for updates here and never miss a beat.