Apples, nuts, cheese, fresh greens and Meati.
What more could you want in this protein-packed salad bursting with fall flavors?
Check out some Pro Cooking Tips for steps with an asterisk at the bottom of the page.
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 10 min
- Lightly season each side of Meati Chick’n with your favorite seasoning. Use seasonings sparingly as Meati Chick’n enhances flavors.
- Heat pan to medium-low and add 1 TBS oil (high temp oils like Avocado, Sunflower, etc. are preferred).
- *Once oil is hot, add Meati Chick’n and sear 5-6 min per side. Cook time may vary depending on equipment. If Meati Chick’n soaks up all oil in first 3 min, add additional oil to pan between flipping. Meati Chick’n will be lightly browned on the outside when cooked. Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove Meati Chick’n from the pan and let it rest for 1-2 minutes.
- **Slice your Meati Chick’n with a sharp knife. Hold the Meati Chick’n in place with your hand or fork and slice like you would steak.
- Pre-heat a medium-sized skillet to medium-low heat. Melt plant-based buttery spread and stir in garlic powder.
- Add the baguette pieces to the pan and mix them into the butter and garlic powder until they’re coated. Cook, stirring often, until they toast and turn into browned, crunchy croutons.
- Place all ingredients in blender and pulse until emulsified
Honeycrisp Apple & Kale Salad
- In a large salad bowl, combine the kale, onions, apples, walnuts and croutons.
- Drizzle with salad dressing and mix salad.
- Finish with a generous shower of feta.
- Top with sliced Meati Chick’n.
Pro Cooking Tips
*Once oil is hot, for safety, angle the pan so that the hot oil is pooled to the side, then place Meati Chick’n in the pan and return to burner. Sear 2-3 minutes, gently pressing Meati into the pan so it has good contact with the pan. Once Meati is caramelized on one side (caramelization makes the Chick’n taste even better!) angle the pan again before flipping Meati. Sear 2-3 minutes on the other side, again gently pressing Meati into the pan so it has good contact with the pan.
**Slice your MEATI chicken into thin pieces with a sharp knife. The trick is to slice with a sawing motion with light pressure and let the knife do the work!