Classic Steak Sloppy Q’s
Break out the napkins — the peppery, smoky, saucy sandwich you know and love made with our Classic Steak and some Lillie’s Q favorites.
- 4 Meati Classic Steak Cutlets, thawed
- ¼ c vegetable oil
- ⅔ c white onion, finely diced
- ⅔ c green bell pepper, seeded & finely diced
- ⅔ c celery, finely diced
- 3 Tbsp serrano peppers, seeded & diced
- 2 heaping Tbsp garlic, minced
- ½ c brewed coffee
- ⅓ c + 1 Tbsp Lillie’s Q Carolina
- ⅓ c + 1 Tbsp Lillie’s Q Hot Smoky
- ⅓ c + 1 Tbsp Lillie’s Q Smoky
- 1 rounded Tbsp Lillie’s Q Q-Rub
- 1 tsp dark chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 Brioche buns, or your favorite buns, toasted
- Finely dice the Meati Steak cutlets. Set aside.
- To a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, warm the oil.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, celery, serrano pepper, and garlic. Sweat the vegetables until soft, but no color develops, about 10 minutes.
- Add the Meati Cutlets, coffee, sauces, and spices. Bring to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F, stirring regularly to prevent sticking while breaking up the Meati slightly.
- Divide Meati Sloppy Q mixture between buns and serve.
Classic Steak Herby Chimichurri Quesadilla with Caramelized Onions and Chimi Slaw
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 20 min
Join the Journey
Be the first to hear about exclusive offers and events.Sign up for updates here and never miss a beat.