5 Spice Classic Cutlet Teriyaki
Seared Classic Cutlets glazed with a super flavorful five spice infused teriyaki sauce
Serve with steamed broccolini or broccoli.
- 1/3 cup EACH light soy sauce and dark soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 inches ginger root, peeled and grated or minced
- 4 cloves garlic, grated or finely minced
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1-2 teaspoons 5 spice powder
- 2 teaspoons Sichuan coarse ground peppercorn, or coarse black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked cinnamon, optional (available online, La Boite)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, mixed with a splash of water to form slurry
- 4 Meati Classic Cutlets, thawed
- 1 ½ cups basmati or jasmine rice
- 2 ¼ cups chicken bone broth or stock
- 2 Tablespoons neutral oil
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 4 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Mix the ingredients for the sauce in a medium size bowl (reserve about 3 tablespoons of the sauce in a smaller bowl) and add the Meati Classic Cutlets to the sauce. Let stand 10 minutes.
- In a small pot, add the rice and broth and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook 15-18 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for about 5 minutes and then fluff with a fork.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet or cast iron pan over medium high heat and add the Classic Cutlets to the pan. Cook about 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally, until shellacked and cooked through. Spoon the reserved extra sauce over the top of the cutlets and let rest 5 minutes. Slice into strips.
- Serve with rice and veg and top with scallions and sesame seeds.
Join the Journey
Be the first to hear about exclusive offers and events. Sign up for updates here and never miss a beat.