BBQ Classic Cutlet ‘Pizza’ on Naan Bread
Shredded Classic Cutlets, toasted naan, and tangy BBQ sauce makes for a quick and creative twist on a classic.
Serve with a simple salad
- 2/3 – 1 cup good quality, store-bought BBQ Sauce
- 2 Meati Classic Cutlets, thawed
- 2 Tablespoons EVOO, extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pieces naan bread
- Cooking spray, such as non-aerosol olive oil cooking spray
- Cooking spray or 1-2 Tablespoons melted butter
- Shredded cheese, combination of mozzarella, jack, smoked cheddar, smoked Gouda, etc.
- banana peppers
- Scallions, thin sliced on a bias
- Small handful of fresh cilantro, torn or rough chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 F with a rack set in the middle/center of oven.
- Place a medium size skillet over low heat and add the BBQ sauce.
- Preheat a skillet or cast iron pan over medium high heat. Season the Meati Classic Cutlets with salt and pepper and drizzle with EVOO. Add the Classic Cutlets to the pan and cook about 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally. Let rest 5 minutes and gently shred with two forks. Set aside.
- To heat the naan, place a griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium heat. When a splash of water on the surface bubbles, place the naan down to gently reheat for a minute or two. When you go to flip the naan, spray the pan with oil or add the melted butter and place naan on the other side for a minute or two. Transfer the naan to a baking sheet.
- Add the shredded Classic Cutlets to the skillet of BBQ sauce, toss to combine.
- Add the BBQ sauce coated Classic Cutlets to the naan breads, sprinkle the cheeses all over the top, followed by the banana peppers, and place in the oven. Cook until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and top with the green onion and cilantro.
Join the Journey
Be the first to hear about exclusive offers and events. Sign up for updates here and never miss a beat.