Dry-Rubbed Grilled Classic Steak
Dry rubbing your Classic Steak with a bold and flavorful steak seasoning ensures a delicious crust and a juicy center.
For the Compound Butter
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened & cut into cubes
- 1 ½ tsp (1 large clove) garlic, grated or put through a garlic press
- 1 TBSP fresh thyme leaves
- 1 TBSP lemon zest (1 lemon)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt or smoked salt
- Add all ingredients to a small mixing bowl and use a spatula to mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Lay out an 8-inch sheet of plastic wrap on the counter and place the compound butter in the middle.
- Using your hands, form butter into a rectangular shape. Use the plastic wrap to roll the butter into a log and twist the ends to secure the butter.
- Transfer to the refrigerator until ready to slice or if you’re in a hurry, place it in the freezer for 15 minutes before slicing.
For the Balsamic Vegetables
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ c extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp light brown sugar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 10 ounces cremini mushrooms, halved
- 2 small zucchini, cut into ½-inch rounds
- 2 red or green bell peppers, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, quartered
- 2 ounces (½ cup) crumbled Goat Cheese, optional for finishing
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- To a small jar, add the balsamic vinegar, oil, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, garlic, and salt. Shake vigorously until well incorporated. Alternately, whisk all ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Pour mixture over vegetables and let sit while the grill is getting hot. Section vegetables into individual foil packets or add them all to a cast iron skillet and cover with foil.
- Cook on the grill until they are just fork tender, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving platter. Top with goat cheese, if using. Set aside.
For the Grilled Classic Steak
- 4 Meati steaks.
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 TBSP dry rub of choice
- Season each side of the Classic Steak with a small amount of oil and a liberal dose of your favorite dry rub.
- Place Classic Steak on the hot grill. Cook Steak for 11-12 minutes, rotating every 4 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove from grill and allow steak to rest for 30 seconds prior to serving or cutting
Top the Classic Steak with a generous pat of the compound butter and serve with vegetables.
Join the Journey
Be the first to hear about exclusive offers and events. Sign up for updates here and never miss a beat.