Classic Steak Gyros
Herbaceous and citrusy grilled Classic Steak, wrapped in a warm pita, filled to the brim with crunchy vegetables, and topped with tangy tzatziki.
- 2 Classic Steaks, thawed
- ⅓ c olive oil
- 5 tsp Sprouts Mediterranean Herb Spice Mix
- 1 Tbsp (3 cloves) garlic, minced
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- For Assembly
- 4 7–8-inch pita breads
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thin
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 c Sprouts arugula
- 1 c Sprouts Market Corner Tzatziki
- To a medium mixing bowl add olive oil, Sprouts Mediterranean Herb Spice Mix, garlic, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add Meati Steaks to bowl and generously coat them in the marinade. Let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over low heat. Place the Meati steaks in the skillet, discarding any excess marinade. Cook Steaks, turning frequently, until an internal temperature of 165°F, 6-8 minutes.
- Turn heat to medium-high heat and cook until steaks brown slightly, about 30 seconds on each side.
- Pull off heat and allow Steaks to rest for 2 minutes before slicing into thin strips, allowing to shred slightly at the edges. Cover, and set aside.
- Warm pita breads in the oven or toaster oven to make pliable (about 1 minute at 350°F).
- Place a ½ c of arugula, 2 slices tomato, ¼ of the sliced red onion, half of the sliced steak, and a ¼ of tzatziki onto 1 half of each pita. Fold in half to create a pocket.
- Wrap gyros in paper or skewer with a toothpick to hold together.
Classic Steak Herby Chimichurri Quesadilla with Caramelized Onions and Chimi Slaw
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 20 min
Join the Journey
Be the first to hear about exclusive offers and events.Sign up for updates here and never miss a beat.