Classic Steak in a classic, French-style duxelles and wrapped in pastry dough.
- 2 Meati™ Classic Steaks, thawed
- 1 ½ lbs button mushrooms or cremini/button mix
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 each shallots, minced
- 1 ½ tsp thyme
- 1 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1 TBSP EVOO
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 2 sheets of pastry dough, thawed
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a food processor, mince the mushrooms, garlic, shallots, and thyme to create a duxelles mixture.
- In a large pan, heat the butter and oil until foamy. Add the duxelles mixture and Worcestershire sauce and cook for roughly 10 minutes on medium heat or until the mixture is dry. Take off heat and let the mixture cool completely until ready to use.
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Season Classic Steaks with salt & pepper to taste. Coat evenly in Dijon mustard and set aside.
- Divide each sheet of pastry dough and half and roll out into 4 ½” x 10” rectangles. Make an egg wash with egg and 1 tsp of water. Brush the egg wash along the perimeter of the pastry dough.
- Spread the duxelles onto the pastry dough in one thick layer leaving 1” around the edges untouched. Place one Classic Steak in the middle of a pastry dough rectangle. Fold over one end of the pastry dough and then the other. Pinch the outer seams closed and tuck the pastry under the steak.
- Brush the outside of each pastry with egg wash and make slits with a sharp knife to let out the steam. Place back into the freezer for 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and the interior has reached 165F.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Grilled Classic Cutlet Alfredo
Classic Cutlet and Pesto Pizza
Classic Steak Turnovers
Crispy Cutlet Buffalo Sliders
Carne Asada Steak Fajitas
Hawaiian Classic Cutlet Lettuce Wraps
Cuban-Style Carne Asada Stew
Sheet Pan Classic Cutlet and Cornbread Stuffing
Crispy Cutlet Overnight Waffle Casserole
Pan Seared Classic Cutlet with Cranberry Ginger Relish
Grilled Classic Steak & Tomato Bruschetta
Grits & Crispy Cutlet Breakfast
Crispy Cutlet in Sweet & Sour Orange Sauce
Sheetpan Classic Cutlet / Classic Steak with Parmesan Butter
Curried Classic Cutlet Salad Sandwich
Crockpot Classic Steak Stew
Crispy Cutlet Sandwich with Grain Mustard Mayonnaise & Cider-Honey Glaze
Classic Cutlet Pad Thai
Classic Steak Lettuce Wraps
Classic Steak Teriyaki Bowl
Hot Crispy Cutlet Sandwich
Crispy Cutlet Sunday Dinner
Classic Cutlet Bulgogi Bowls
Grilled Classic Steak Sandwich
Butter & Herb Classic Cutlet
Char Grilled Classic Steak Tostada
Classic Steak Shabu Shabu
Classic Steak & Eggs
Grilled Classic Steak Kebobs
Dry-Rubbed Grilled Classic Steak
Grilled Classic Cutlet Panzanella
Pesto Caprese Classic Cutlet Sandwiches
Crispy Cutlet Parmesan
BBQ Classic Steak
Grilled Classic Cutlet Kale Salad
Buffalo Crispy Cutlet Mac n’ Cheese
Join the journey
Be the first to hear about exclusive offers and events. Sign up for updates here and never miss a beat.