Crispy Cutlet in Sweet & Sour Orange Sauce
This orange sauce is quick and easy to make with regular pantry staples.
For the Orange Glaze (makes 2 cups)
- 1 ¼ c orange juice
- ½ c granulated sugar
- 3 TBSP rice wine vinegar
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP orange zest (optional)
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- ½ tsp garlic, minced
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ TBSP cornstarch
- To a small saucepan over medium heat, add the orange juice and sugar. Cook until the sugar has dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Add the rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, orange zest (if using), ginger, garlic and red pepper. Cook for another 3 minutes while stirring constantly.
- To a small mixing bowl, add the cornstarch and 2 ½ tablespoons water. Stir until smooth.
- Turn heat to low and stir the cornstarch slurry into the orange sauce. Cook while constantly stirring until it thickens, about 5 minutes. The sauce should be glossy and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and set aside.
For the Meati™ Crispy Cutlets
- 3 Meati Crispy Cutlets, thawed.
- 3 TBSP vegetable oil
- Prepared Orange Glaze
- Add oil to a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, cook the crispy cutlets for 4 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Set aside and let rest for 3 minutes.
- Cut the cutlets into 1-inch pieces and add to a medium mixing bowl. Add orange sauce and toss to coat.
- 2 cups steamed broccoli or vegetable of choice
- 4 c cooked jasmine rice or noodles
- 2 TBSP green onions, chopped
- 1 ½ TBSP sesame seeds
- Divide orange glazed chicken between bowls. Serve with steamed jasmine rice and broccoli.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions and serve.
Join the Journey
Be the first to hear about exclusive offers and events. Sign up for updates here and never miss a beat.